10 Filipinos arriving from HK in Cebu put through 14-day quarantine

10 Filipinos arriving from HK in Cebu put through 14-day quarantine

By Calvin Cordova

CEBU CITY – Authorities right right right here have begun applying the quarantine that is mandatory Filipinos showing up from Asia and its particular special administrative areas Macau and Hong Kong.

On 10 Filipino passengers who arrived from Hong Kong aboard a Cathay Pacific flight at 10: 48 a.m monday. Monday had been the very first batch to go through a 14-day mandatory quarantine within the measure to stop the spread of 2019 novel Coronavirus Acute breathing Disease (ARD).

Passengers face that is wearing whom arrived from Guangzhou, Asia lineup for immigration during the Ninoy Aquino airport terminal in Manila, Philippines, 22 January 2020. (Ali Vicoy / FILE PICTURE / MANILA BULLETIN)

Ten other Filipino people aboard a split cathay pacific flight had been additionally planned to reach at 6 p.m. Monday.

Cebu Governor Gwendolyn Garcia on presided at a meeting to discuss the quarantine guidelines with officials of the Bureau of Immigration, Bureau of Quarantine, Department of Health, Mactan Cebu International Airport Authority, GMR-Megawide Cebu Airport Corporation (GMCAC) and Philippine National Police (PNP) monday.

“The quarantine is in line using the directive released because of the President to ban the entry of international nationals except FiIipinos and permanent visa that is resident originating from China and its particular unique administrative areas,” stated Garcia.

Discussed within the conference were the procedures for the quarantine that is mandatory.

“We had to abruptly end the conference since there clearly was A cathay that is arriving pacific,” said Garcia.

Garcia stated underneath the quarantine that is mandatory the people won’t be permitted to go homeward and won’t be banned from mingling using their families.

Upon arrival, the people will submit a health that is mandatory and will undoubtedly be taken to an isolation space at MCIA.

“BOQ and BI workers is certainly going to your people so they really don’t need to mingle along with other people,” said Garcia.

Airport workers could be the people to carry the luggage to the passengers that are isolated.

“The people as well as the families will soon be correctly briefed concerning the procedures that are whole” said Garcia.

The passengers will be brought to the Eversley Childs Sanitarium and General Hospital in Mandaue City which was one of the quarantine facilities that the DOH identified from the airport.

Garcia said the alternative of letting them carry on house quarantine has also been being examined.

“They passengers could also elect to go through home quarantine but our company is nevertheless finalizing the protocols,” brightbrides.net/turkish-brides/ said Garcia.

Besides the medical center in Mandaue, the Women and kids Development Center in Barangay Sudlon, Cebu City and a rehabilitation center in Pinamungajan city, Cebu had been additionally defined as quarantine facilities.

Police Brig. Gen. Valeriano de Leon, chief associated with the Police Regional Office-Central Visayas (professional 7), stated these were assisting DOH area 7 in tracing the locations where the 38-year-old woman that is chinese in Dumaguete City.

The girl tested positive for the virus.

“We are prepared to help but we have our very own measures to protect our males through the virus,” said De Leon.

Comments